Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Chilled Tomato Gazpacho from Metrofresh


Above is the Chilled Tomato Gazpacho from MetroFresh that I had as part of lunch yesterday. This is my first time eating Gazpacho. I have heard much about this category of chilled soups (wonder if that is a good definition of 'gazpacho?') but never ended up cooking one or ordering it either. Anyway, first impressions? Tastes like a liquified version of tomato salsa, and I don't mean that in an uncomplimentary way at all! It's just my layperson way of describing the taste. The tomatoes weren't too tart but they weren't sweet either. As tomatoes come back into season, I suppose the gazpacho would be far sweeter. Mild taste of onion and garlic, and there probably was some cilantro added but I couldn't see it. I liked the texture of the dish; how do you achieve a uniform texture with tomatoes and onions that still feels like soup?

P mentioned that it should have contained cucumbers as well. Not this one - I don't think it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment