Sunday, April 4, 2010

Willy's Tex-Mex



Willy's Mexicana Grill is one of my favorite places to go to for Tex-Mex food. They have all the ingredients that I adore in my crisp corn tacos - juicy roasted red peppers, colorful corn salsa, creamy guacamole, fresh coleslaw. I am not a big fan of the tortilla (corn or wheat) and so I also end up ordering the burrito in a bowl. The crisp quesadillas are real nice too although they don't have a separate grill for veggie quesadillas. Well, some things we have to live with, I guess.

What I really like about Willy's is the freshness of ingredients. They offer three kinds of salsas with the corn chips and each one is absolutely fresh and flavorful.

I have asked about their use of lard and was told that they don't use it to cook beans. But I am generally iffy about such matters and generally avoid the beans. In any case, beans make me feel too-stuffed for comfort. However, I am not sure if these guys use lard in any way to cook/fry the corn chips. Need to find that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment